July 19 – The confirmed speaker line-up for the Tackling Matchfixing conference, March 9-10, has been released. The conference, to be held at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel with a Gala Dinner at Stamford Bridge on March 9, is now open for registration.
“We are excited to announce what is a top level speaker list crossing various stakeholders in the match-fixing area. We have designed a conference schedule that brings together different legal aspects and different stakeholders to discuss some the biggest issue facing sport,” said Efraim Barak, a Rex Sport board member and the architect behind the conference programme.
Topics covered will include panels of the criminal aspects of match-fixing and the co-existence of criminal law and the sport discipline in the battle against manipulation.
The AFC and UEFA confederations will both participate with presentations on how they are approaching match manipulation, whilst FIFA will also present its renewed activities in the area.
The presence of CAS will offer an unparalled insight into the sports judicial approach to the issues.
Speakers include (in alphabetical order):
- Michele Bernasconi, Partner at Baer & Karrer & CAS Arbitrator
- Massimo Coccia, Attorney-At-Law and Founding Partner at Coccia De Angelis Vecchio & Associati (Rome, Italy) & CAS Arbitrator
- David Forrest, Honorary Professor at Liverpool University
- Emilio Garcia, Head of Disciplinary & Integrity – UEFA
- Mark Hovell, Partner at Mills & Reeve LLP, Manchester & CAS Arbitrator
- Ulrich Haas, Professor of Civil Procedure and Swiss Private Law (University of Zurich), CAS Arbitrator, Arbitrator (Sole, Chair, Wing) in over 250 cases (ICC, DIS, Swiss Rules, CAS, BAT, Ad Hoc)
- Oliver Jaberg, Director of Integrity & Institutional Legal – FIFA
- Andreas Krannich, Managing Director Strategy & Integrity, Sportradar
- Yves Le Lostecque, Head of the Sport Unit, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and culture, European Union
- Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, Member of the OECD Task Force on Countering Illicit Trade, SIGA Coordinator & CEO of ICSS Europe
- Laila Mintas, Deputy President at Sportradar US and former Director of Integrity at CONCACAF
- Gianpaolo Monteneri, Founding Partner at Monteneri Sports Law (Zurich, Switzerland) and Vice President of Rex Sport
- Benoit Pasquier, General Counsel & Director of Legal Affairs at Asian Football Confederation
- José Juan Pintó Sala, Partner at Pintó Ruiz & Del Valle, CAS Arbitrator, Founder & Honorary President of Rex Sport
- Nick Raudenski, Chief Integrity Officer – UEFA
- Matthieu Reeb, Secretary General – CAS
- Carlos Schneider, Legal Counsel – UEFA
- William Sternheimer, Deputy Secretary General – CAS
- Theo Van Seggelen, Secretary General – FIFPro
“I think the remarkably high level of this speaker list shows how urgent an issue match-fixing has become in world football,” said Rex Sport president Ettore Mazzilli. “We are proud to have such a distinguished list of leading sports law makers and sports lawyers. These people are the global leaders in this area and carry a huge responsibility for the integrity of the game.”
To register and see the full schedule go to www.tacklingmatchfixing.com.
Early bird registrations are on sale now and cost £395 + VAT.
Tackling Matchfixing is a Rex Sport and Insideworldfootball conference with sponsorship and support from Sportradar, the Asian Football Confederation and the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC), the organisation responsible for preparing Qatar to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup™.
The SC is also supporting the Gala Dinner at Stamford Bridge.
Contact the writer of this story at firstname.lastname@example.org