March 5 – Manchester United are freezing their season ticket prices for the 2019/20 season, as well as individual match day tickets.
Season tickets range in price from £532 in the lower tiers of the East Stand and Stretford End, to £960 for some areas of the Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton stands.
This is the eighth consecutive season Man Utd have frozen season ticket prices. The club said it has 53,000 season ticket holders and more than 100,000 on its waiting list.
Man Utd also said they will be introducing a new dedicated ‘Atmosphere Section’ in the Stretford End as well as new plans for accessible seating with118 new wheelchair positions and 158 new amenity seats.
Alongside the season ticket prize freeze the club announced a series of other pricing concessions including:
- £10 per game Season Ticket price for Under 16s in dedicated ‘Family’ areas
- Half-price tickets for other under 18s & those 65+ (prices from £14 per game, and capped at £20)
- 25% discount for 18-20 year olds
- Fixed price of £15 per game for 18-25 year olds in the Stretford End Lower
- Supporters will continue to receive a 25% reduction for Carabao Cup and UEFA Europa League (if applicable) games
The “dedicated atmosphere section” will be created in the Stretford End first tier for next season and follows a series of fan trials.
Richard Arnold, Manchester United Group Managing Director comments: “The support from our fans and the atmosphere they generate is incredible, so we’re delighted to be freezing season ticket prices once again in recognition of that.”
Contact the writer of this story at email@example.com