February 5 – SIGA has opened registrations for its first Web Summit on Female Leadership in Sport. Three days of webinars will kick off on International Women’s Day March8 2021.
The Sports Integrity Global Alliance’s (SIGA) Female Leadership in Sport “is a flagship thought leadership event designed to drive greater equality and opportunities for women in Sport”, said SIGA.
Consisting of 12 live webinars, digital workshops, and a series of keynote speeches the summit will address the most pressing challenges that impact women looking to build a career in sport, as well as those women at the top of their game.
SIGA’s Global COO, Katie Simmonds, said: “Promoting gender equality in the boardroom of sports organisations underpins SIGA’s reform agenda and is a key component of good governance. We have a Global Agenda to promote female empowerment and leadership 365 days a year, and this Web Summit is a very important part of it.”
In 2018 SIGA launched a global mentorship programme for females in sport with that programme currently providing mentorship to nearly 50 young women worldwide working with an impressive team of global female leaders working in sport.
“Our purpose is clear and simple: galvanise champions of female leadership, showcase our expertise in our fields and create a legacy for future female leaders! No favours; just level playing field, equal opportunities, and merit. If you are serious about wanting good governance in Sport, you know what to do: join us! #SIGAWomen!,” said Simmonds.
The March web summit will cover issues including:
- Good Governance in Sport: Parity in the Boardroom
- Role of Federations & Governing Bodies to Promote Women in Sport
- #SIGAWomen: The Power of Mentorship
- Finding Male Champions: The Role of Men in Promoting Female Leadership in Sport
- How can Sport learn from Female Leadership in other Sectors?
- Sport for Development: Empowering Girls. Now!
- Has Women’s Sport been hit harder by Covid-19?
- Fair Play On & Off the Pitch: Athlete Activism!
- SPECIAL SESSION: DIGITAL WORKSHOP
- Behind Closed Doors: Sexual Harassment & Discrimination in the Workplace
- Sustain the Game: Changing the Rules
- Sports & Sport Fashion: Changing Cultures
- Sport Sponsorship and Integrity: Commercialising the Women’s Game
- Sport & Technology: Women at the Cutting Edge
Click here to see the full agenda and register.
Contact the writer of this story at firstname.lastname@example.org