July 15 – LaLiga boss Javier Tebas and Paul Elliott, the chair of the English FA’s Inclusion Advisory Board, are the latest names from football to confirm they will be speaking at the Sport Integrity Week 2022 in Portugal, September 12-16.
They join already confirmed Qatar 2022 chief Hassan Al-Thawadi, UEFA’s financial sustainability guru Andrea Traverso and European Leagues chairman Claus Thomsen.
With 60 days to the event, SIGA has announced another 20 speakers participating at the event which will be hosted just outside Lisbon by Cascais Municipality at the NOVA SBE business school.
#SIW2022 can be attended in person, and virtually via digital streaming. To register click here.
SIGA is lining up more than 250 global leaders from the world of sport, government, international organisations, law enforcement and global business, as well as academia, civil society and media for week of key notes, panel sessions and interviews.
Topics covered will range from good governance, financial integrity and anti-corruption, to youth development and child protection, as well as sports betting integrity, tech, innovation, and sustainability, gender and race, diversity and inclusion.
Along with the new speakers unveiled, the Sport Integrity Week has also engaged with more than 60-top level organisations, including the Portuguese Government, United Nations, European Comission, OECD, UEFA, The Premier League, LaLiga, Portuguese League, The FA, Qatar World Cup 2022 organising Committee, FIA, Nascar, Yale University.
The 20 latest #SIW2022 speakers announced are (in alphabetical order):
- António José Silva, President, LEN Aquatics | President, Portuguese Swimming Federation | Vice-President, FINA
- Carlos Móia, Executive President, Benfica Foundation
- Daniela Castro, Executive Director, Pacto pelo Esporte
- David Butler, General Manager, European Rugby League
- Doug Burns, Vice President, Legal Affairs, Major League Soccer
- Hannah Brown, Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer & Chief of Staff, CEO, Formula E
- Hugo Passarelli Scott, Vice President, Pacto pelo Esporte
- Ian Smith, Commissioner, eSports Integrity Coalition (ESIC)
- Javier Tebas, President LaLiga | Member, Board of Directors, European Leagues | Member, Executive Committee, UEFA
- João Paulo Almeida, Director General, Portuguese Olympic Committee | Member, Council, SIGA | Member, Board of Directors, SIGA EUROPE
- João Paulo Correia, Secretary of State, Youth and Sports, Portugal Government
- João Paulo Diniz, President, Pacto pelo Esporte | Founder & President, Componente Holding
- Jorge Miranda, Coordinator Director, Benfica Foundation
- Joseph Solosky, Managing Director, NASCAR
- Keith Jones, Founder & President, DaSoul Touchin’ | 2-time Emmy Award Winner
- Maria-Francesca Spatolisano, Assistant Secretary-General, United Nations
- Mary Davis, Capstone Professor, Jackson School of Global Affairs at Yale University
- Paul Elliott MBE CBE, Chairman, Inclusion Advisory Board, The Football Association
- Stephen Martino, Senior Vice President & Chief Compliance Officer, MGM Resorts International
- Vicente Jimenez, Director, Diario As
Contact the writer of this story at firstname.lastname@example.org