October 25 – With 21 of the 27 clubs already qualified, Concacaf have announced it will hold the draw for the 2024 Concacaf Champions Cup, the rebranded Champions League, on December 15.
Played in a knockout stage format, the Champions Cup has been expanded to five rounds (up from four) and 27 clubs (up from 16).
The competition’s first four rounds, Round One, Round of 16, Quarterfinals, and Semifinals, will be played home and away playwhile the Final, will be played as a single-leg match.
Of the 27 clubs participating, 22 will begin play in Round One, and five will receive a bye to the Round of 16.
To date the following 21 clubs have qualified:
- Canadian Championship (1): Vancouver Whitecaps FC (CAN)
- Canadian Premier League (2): Cavalry FC (CAN) and Forge FC (CAN)
- Concacaf Central American Cup (4): CA Independiente (PAN), CS Herediano (CRC), LD Alajuelense (CRC), and Real Estelí FC (NCA)
- Leagues Cup (3): Inter Miami CF (USA), Nashville SC (USA) and Philadelphia Union (USA)
- Liga MX (6): CD Guadalajara (MEX), CF Monterrey (MEX), CF Pachuca (MEX), Club América (MEX), Deportivo Toluca (MEX), and Tigres UANL (MEX)
- MLS (4): Columbus Crew (USA), FC Cincinnati (USA), Orlando City SC (USA), and St. Louis CITY SC (USA)
- US Open Cup (1): Houston Dynamo FC (USA)
Theye will be joined by six more clubs, including three Caribbean Clubs (2023 Caribbean Cup winners, runners-up, and third-place finishers), two Central American Clubs (2023 Central American Cup Play-In winners), and one MLS club (2023 MLS Cup winners).
Round One: February 6-8 (Week 1), 13-15 (Week 2), 20-22 (Week 3) and 27-29 (Week 4)
Round of 16: March 5-7 (First Legs) and 12-14 (Second Legs)
Quarterfinals: April 2-4 (First Legs) and 9-11 (Second Legs)
Semifinals: April 23-25 (First Legs) and April 30 – May 2 (Second Legs)
Final: June 2 (Single Leg)
Contact the writer of this story at email@example.com