February 27 – There are just 10 days left to register for the Tackling Matchfixing conference, March 9/10, at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel, London.
Registrations are now in the final days of the £395 + VAT delegate offer with the full conference registration price of £495 +VAT being applicable from March 1.
Delegate registrations include a ticket to the Gala Dinner, hosted by the Qatar 2022 World Cup Supreme Committee at Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge Stadium.
In terms of speakers, Tackling match-fixing has gathered together the world’s most respected sports lawyers, legal and governance leaders, judicial bodies and match-fixing experts to provide their insightful analysis and a comprehensive overview of the current match-fixing landscape.
Presentations will include:
– an introduction to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) jurisprudence and a general overview of the ‘Podeba case’ (2008) until today from Secretary General Mattieu Reeb and CAS deputy General Secretary William Sternheimer.
– a review of FIFA’s Integrity Initiative by Oliver Jaberg, Director of Integrity & Institutional Legal – FIFA
– an examination of what football confederations are doing to combat match-fixing from UEFA chief integrity officer Nick Raudenski and the Benoit Pasquier, the AFC’s General Counsel & Director of Legal Affairs
– a look at the institutional overlapping aspects and the co-existence between criminal and sport discipline by Emilio Garcia Silvero, managing director of integrity at UEFA
– CAS arbitrator Ulrich Haas will focus on CAS jurisprudence on match manipulation issues looking at the burden and the standard of proof, evidential matters – is all evidence legitimate?, protected evidence and protected witnesses and the weight of convictions in criminal proceedings in national courts and in proceedings in national federations
– LaLiga’s head of integrity Alfredo Lorenzo will give an overview of the leagues activities in Spain including the example of last weeks 32 arrests of suspected matchfixers by the Spanish police
For the full agenda go to www.tacklingmatchfixing.com
Full speakers list:
Efraim Barak, CAS Arbitrator, Founder EFRAIM BARAK, Sport Law & Consul- tancy (Tel Aviv, Israel), RexSport Board Member; Michele Bernasconi, Partner at Baer & Karrer & CAS Arbitrator; Prof. Massimo Coccia, Arbitrator at CAS, Attorney-At-Law and Founding Partner at Coccia De Angelis Vecchio & Associati (Rome, Itlay); Prof. David Forrest, Honorary Professor at Liverpool University; Dr. Emilio Garcia, Head of Disciplinary & Integrity – UEFA; Mark Hovell, Partner at Mills & Reeve LLP, Manchester & CAS Arbitrator; Prof. Ulrich Haas, Professor of Civil Procedure and Swiss Private Law (University of Zurich), Arbitrator (Sole, Chair, Wing) in over 250 cases (ICC, DIS, SWISS Rules, CAS, BAT, AD HOC); Oliver Jaberg, Director of Integrity & Institutional Legal – FIFA; Andreas Krannich, Managing Director Strategy & Integrity, Sportradar; Yves Le Lostecque, Head of the Sport Unit, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and culture, European Union; Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, OECD, SIGA & ICSS Europe; Ettore Mazzilli, President of Rex Sport, Founding Partner of Studio Legale Mazzilli (Bari, Italy), QFA Legal Director; Dr. Laila Mintas, Deputy President at Sportradar US and former Director of Integrity at CONCACAF; Gianpaolo Monteneri, Founding Partner of Monteneri sports law (Zurich, Switzerland) and Vice President of Rex Sport; Benoit Pasquier, General Counsel & Director of Legal Affairs at Asian Football Confederation; José Juan Pintó Sala, Founder & Honorary President of RexSport, Founding Partner of Pintó Ruiz & Del Valle and CAS Arbitrator; Nick Raudenski, Chief Integrity Officer (UEFA); Matthieu Reeb, CAS Secretary General.; Carlos Schneider, UEFA Legal Counsel; William Sternheimer, CAS Deputy Secretary General; Theo Van Seggelen, Secretary General at FIFPro. Alfredo Lorenzo, Integrity Officer, LaLiga, Simon Barker – Assistant Chief Executive at the PFA, member of both the Sports Betting Group and Sports Betting Integrity Forum; Steven Flynn – sports/criminal barrister from St Johns Buildings, Manchester; Lorraine Pearman – Gambling Commission, Betting Integrity Programme Lead
Register now for Tackling Matchfixing at www.tacklingmatchfixing.com
Tackling Matchfixing is an Insideworldfootball and Rex Sport conference
Contact the writer of this story at email@example.com