October 31 – FIFA has launched a new web-based legal portal that will hold detail and documents of FIFA’s legal and compliance activities including disciplinary decisions handed down from its ethics bodies as well as information on procedures.
The portal will provide “greater transparency in dealing with FIFA’s 211 member associations, as well as with world football interest groups (clubs, leagues and players) and the general public,” said a FIFA press release.
FIFA sad information on the portal will include:
– decisions rendered on the merits by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee and the FIFA Appeal Committee (notified as of 1 January 2019);
– decisions rendered on the merits by the FIFA Ethics Committee (notified since 1 January 2019);
– decisions rendered on the merits by the FIFA Players’ Status Committee and the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber;
– non-confidential CAS awards in proceedings to which FIFA is a party (notified since 1 January 2019);
– list of CAS arbitrators proposed by FIFA for appointment by ICAS, and the number of times they have been nominated in CAS proceedings.
The portal can be viewed at legal.fifa.com
Contact the writer of this story at firstname.lastname@example.org